experienced web developer/designer
This is for a new position we’re adding to our team. We’re looking for a developer with 1-2 years of professional web development experience, a strong eye for design, the ability to multitask, work independently and collaborate with others.
(If you don’t have 1-2 years of professional experience, apply for our Junior Web Developer position.)
This is a position with opportunity for growth. Chroma Marketing Essentials is expanding rapidly. We are looking for a talented, creative designer who has worked directly with clients to bring ideas to life.
who are you?
- You understand clients and their goals. You’ve worked with enough clients to understand what they mean (and not just what they say). You are highly skilled at communicating directly with the clients about their goals and their budget.
- You know how to translate that client’s needs into a website structure, planning and building the site with appropriate design elements, all while keeping site speed in mind.
- You know WordPress in and out, and possibly other CMS tools as well. Managing things like SMTP settings, Woo Commerce and customizing plugins is fun and easy. You’ve even solved hacking issues with WordPress sites.
- You have strong knowledge of HTML5 and CSS. You can also get around in PHP and JS enough to customize some plugins.
- You’re comfortable with Photoshop and can get around in some of the other Creative Suite programs as well. You create all your own graphics for websites – maybe even some motion graphics.
- You’ve bought domain names, launched sites, and understand DNS settings.
- While you enjoy working as part of a team, you know what you need to do and how to get it done on your own.
- You have great communications skills – you’re comfortable explaining concepts to clients on the phone and you also write clear concise emails.
- You have an awesome portfolio that you’re proud of!
a candidate will impress us who has...
- An exceptional knowledge of WordPress with the ability to create or customize plugins.
- Experience in media, video, motion graphics, or other related disciplines.
- Certifications or advanced knowledge in branding, design, or Adobe Creative Suite.
who are we?
Chroma Marketing Essentials designs strategic marketing solutions for companies ready to power up their brand. We create long-lasting partnerships through creative ingenuity, integrity, and a dedication to building your success.
CME is a growing marketing agency located in Jeannette PA. We have an excellent team and we’re looking to grow. Formerly known as CME Websites, we’ve been in business since 1999 and have designed over 500 websites. We’ve grown into a full-service agency offering websites, branding and design, digital advertising, social media, search engine optimization, content marketing, and training classes.
- Good people in an enjoyable environment.
- Honest, transparent leadership.
- We give opportunity to those who demonstrate they want it.
- We listen. Frequent, open communication in both directions.
- Each team member is valued. This is of critical importance to us. We don't want any "cog in the machine” mentality here.
- We have a motivated, self-directed environment - no micro-management. We want employees who WANT to learn new technologies and techniques, and want to grow both personally and professionally.
- Health care benefits for full-time employees.
- Low turnover. No layoffs. While we just changed our name to Chroma Marketing Essentials in 2018, CME Websites, is 18 years old. We have low turnover and no layoffs. We seek to hire new employees only when we know we have the work to support them for the foreseeable future.
Learn more about Chroma Marketing Essential's Mission, Our Story, and Our Team.
What’s the Job?
- Simply, creating websites from start to finish, working with the client and a content developer, setting up the site, designing in a theme, and launching the site.
- Working directly with clients to learn their goals, gather information, and stay in touch throughout the process.
- Complete projects from inception through billing.
- This is for a full-time position in our office in Jeannette PA.
- Required to sit at a desk for extended periods of time.
- Work with interruptions in an open, fast-paced environment.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and transportation for local travel to client sites.
Salary: $30,000-$38,000/year dependent on experience.